As a marketing and media agency, we always seem to be talking about passwords. Someone forgot a password, or we need a password, or we can’t find a password, or we need a new password.
We can all agree that passwords are the WORST but are more important now than ever before. Here are our TOP 10 password tips:
- Never share your password. This seems obvious but a lot of people forget it. Most phishing scams will trick you into telling the scammers your user name and password. Never give in to their pressure! Even be careful when giving it to friends or family members. They may write it down or save it somewhere that is not safe and can be seen or access by others.
- Create a strong password. Make sure your passwords are a combination of upper and lower case letters, numbers, and special characters. There are password generators online which can be very efficient when trying to create a difficult password.
- Change your passwords. We live by the 6-month rule. This means to change your passwords every 6 months and log into your accounts that use a third-party login such as Facebook, so see which accounts you are currently logged into.
- Don’t reuse passwords!!! Don’t use the same passwords for your online banking, Facebook, Apple ID, etc. We are all guilty of this one, but if a hacker has one of your passwords, they might have them all.
- Use two-factor authentication. This is offered on a ton of different platforms now but not a lot of people take advantage of it. It’s one of the most secure ways to verify your account.
- Secure your security answers. We often make our security answers much too easy when it comes to resetting our passwords. With a visit to our Facebook and Instagram profiles, many hackers would be able to answer the security questions with ease. Make sure your answers are difficult to guess and something your neighbour wouldn’t know.
- Take your passwords with you. When often have clients who have worked with other marketing or media agencies in the past and don’t know their own passwords for accounts. Make sure that when you have anyone helping you with your online accounts, that they give you your passwords RIGHT after they create them so if you end up leaving down the road for any reason you have then is a saved. You also should change the passwords after you have left just to ensure that your accounts are as secure as possible.
News & Resources
With businesses turning online, it is now more essential than ever to build an inspiring and ubiquitous online presence to keep your business from drowning in the sea of market competitors. However, this calls for creating a website that truly reflects your company...
Myths in the Industry A few days ago I was tasked with creating a blog post, and I had no idea what I was going to write about. While researching many different blog topics to gain inspiration, I came across one topic that really caught my eye. It was myths in your...
Are Newsletters A Thing of The Past Newsletters may sound a touch old-fashioned, but easy-to-use websites such as Mailchimp or Constant Contact, are bringing them back to the 21st century. Social media can be so impactful for communications but it’s also a loud,...
We Can’t Wait To Work With You
wE WILL GET BACK TO YOU ASAP
We welcome you to book a meeting, zoom or phone call. We are located downtown in the historic Oliver building!